Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rainy Morn

Yep, another rainy morning in mid-Michigan, but I'll take it. It's 50 degrees out. Could be worse. Could be like last week - SNOW. Nah, I'll take the rain!

Had to email the ex to see if he could bring the girls over earlier in the mornings. It's just to hard to have them here for 3-5 minutes before the bus comes and make sure they have everything they need. I don't get time to check through their backpacks, make sure they have their snack, library books, papers signed. I hope he'll comply.

Need to do some more cleaning today. Think I'm going to beg off on my coffee date. I dunno. I like doing coffee, just to get out of the house, so I dunno what I should do.

We had an unfortunate accident happen at work yesterday. Most of you know I work for the electric company here in Michigan. We are one of the 2 big ones. Anyway, one of our repair workers in the Saginaw area was working in a larger substation doing repair work and threw a rope over an energized 46,000 volt "bus" as they are called - it's conductor in a metal casing. He was burnt badly and is in the burn unit in Flint. We don't have any updates to his condition but if he survives it will be a miracle. Pray for him and his family.

And, although I am not a big fan of this particular co-worker of mine, please pray for his family too....his son is over in Baghdad and the Hummer he was riding in on Sunday was hit by a bomb. We've been told he's alive in a hospital with lower extremity injuries. No other updates have been given to us.

So overall, it was a sad day at work yesterday as we don't know the outcomes of the two incidents above. But believing in GOD will help. He's got a path for us. We just have to remember that.

With that said, I will move on...hope those that visit today have a terrific day and thanks for stopping in!

4 comments:

~*Sara*~ said...

I hope that your ex will figure out you are asking for a reason and comply! I would think that he would "get it", but you never know, right?

Wow, that's terrible about the worker, I hope he's okay!

Karen said...

Oh no :-( I hope your coworker is OK. So scary.

*HUUGS* to you my friend!

Joe said...

Hey girl, prayers for those you asked for. I also put one in for your x to get the kids there a little early. :-)

Dyane said...

I have both of your co-worker's & their families in my thoughts today. I also hope the ex will comply with your request, I'm sure it'd make things much easier for you & the girls. *hugs*