Thursday, December 29, 2005

Different position open...

Well, because I didn't get the scheduling position and Doug did...it leaves his spot open in Lead System Control. At first I had the attitude that I wasn't going to put in for it because, well....just because. I was angry and hurt by not getting the scheduler job. But after one of the Lead's suggested to me that I ought to think about it cuz she felt I was one of the more qualified...I gave it some more thought. Today at 3:57pm the email came that the vacancy was posted and if anyone was interested to contact "so 'n so" with resume and availability in the particular week he was going to be doing the interviews. 3 minutes later, he knew of my interest, had my resume and when I was available that particular week. He emailed me back, saying "that was quick (all of 3 minutes!)" and asked how the 17th at 1pm sounded. I emailed back saying it sounded fine! So on January 17th, at 1pm, I will be interviewed for a Lead position. Brief explanation of what the Lead Controller does is monitor the electric system for the entire Consumers Energy territory in Michigan. They have contact with interfaces such as Detroit Edison, MEPCC, MISO...if anyone has heard of those. They have a pretty important job. Anyhow, if I don't get it...at least I interviewed. I'm putting forth the interest. And as I said if I don't get it...well, then I stay where I'm at. Things happen for a reason, although we seldom understand the reason at the time.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Alright girl! May be this one will pan out!

Margie (and Fae) said...

I think you're right... things happen for a reason. I wish you tons of luck!

Anonymous said...

fingers and toes crossed that you get it. Good going though to even get the interview!Color me impressed!

...just-rambling... said...

The quote" Things happen for a reason, although we seldom understand the reason at the time." has gotten me through a lot of hard times in my life. Good luck and happy new year!

Karen said...

How cool is that?!! Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed. *BIG HUGS*

Happy New Year, and I hope you had fun at your sis'!

Love ya!