Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The wind, the teachers and me

It is so darn windy out! Currently my weather bug tells me the wind is blowing 18 mph. Seems like it's windier than that. The weather forecaster on the radio said there may be times when the wind gusts up to 50 mph. Whew!

Tonight was teacher conferences for both Lindsay and Kimberlee. I am definitely sure that John and I left the school feeling mighty proud of our girls. Lindsay's kindergarten teacher told us Lindsay is right there on the edge of reading. She recognizes all her upper case & lower case letters. Recognizes numbers well. She's always happy, humorous and loves school. She's at the top in her class!
Kimberlee has the following grades:
Math - B+,
Reading - B-,
Writing/Literacy - A,
Social Studies - B+ and
Science - A-.
The teacher says she's friendly, cooperative and has adjusted well to 3rd grade. She's also showing responsibility by returning her homework on time. yay to my girls!

Now me, I'm dealing with a very scratchy throat. I'm achy and tired. Which means I'm also grumpy! I get very warm at times. I wanna go to bed! How do I tell the girls to take care of themselves so I can crash?? I don't. I guess we just try to all go to bed early!

G'night!

4 comments:

Karen said...

GREAT news about the girls!! YAY!

I hope you get feeling better too, and that it doesn't get worse. *HUGS* Love ya!

crazeemommee said...

Tell the girls GOOD JOB...it pays off in the end. I didn't know one of them was in the 3rd grade...So is my little guy.

Mamaw said...

Yeee haa girlie you and John should be so proud .. which im sure you are .. it makes you feel so good knowing you are helping them along and showing them good learning habits..
Congrats to both of them..
Toni

Mamaw said...

Oh oh I was so happy for your girls that I forgot to tell you to get better and chase that nasty sore throat away .. take care of you..
Toni