Monday, November 14, 2005

Still home...

I decided to take a couple extra days off since I was hit so quickly with the bronchitis. I had today off and also took tomorrow. My boss is really good about it. He knows I wouldn't do it if I didn't think I should. I'm still real tired. But for some reason couldn't take a nap today. Not for the lack of trying! My nose is somewhat stuffed yet...not so runny. My ears are bothering me a bit so I put sweet oil in one for now. I'm thinking after tomorrow I should be ok to go back.

I am going to cancel my Daisy meeting for Wednesday as well. I just don't feel up to it and I don't want to expose those little girls to what I have/had.

I lost another 4 lbs according to the scale. So since the end of Sept, I've lost 13.5 lbs. I really need to exercise but this just isn't the time of year for me to be motivated to do it, not to mention I'm sick right now as well.

The scheduling position was finally posted at work a couple weeks ago. This is the job I have had in my sights for a few years now so of course I jumped on letting them know I wanted it. The posting was to expire on the 11th which was last Friday. When I called into work today to tell the boss I was hoping to get tomorrow off as well, I asked if he had heard anything about the position. He said he had heard only 2 were interested. Hm.. I knew of about 4 that were interested. I know two were ppl I work with. One thinks he should get it because he has a lot of degrees. Has nothing to do with the fact he can't even handle his own job let alone do this job instead. The other one, would have been a good candidate but he loses his temper easily and is extremely opinionated. The other person, it would have been a lateral move for her and I'm not sure she would have fit the bill either. Now me, I've filled in for this position when our current schedulers take vacation because I want to, not because I'm being MADE to. I like the job. I like the ppl they work with. I'm definitely qualified for it. Let's just hope the odds are in my favor! I'll let you know as I know more.

Dinner is almost done. Hopefully Joe will be home soon. Luckily I haven't had the girls while I've been sick. There is no way I could have taken care of them these past few days. I've had a hard enough time taking care of myself. Any how....

TTFN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better.

And best of luck on the job prospect. It sounds like you might be just the one for the job.

Cas

Karen said...

I hope you're feeling better today, but am glad you took more days off and cancelled the Daisy meeting - you need your rest! Congrats on the weight loss. YAY!

*HUGS* Love ya!

Joe said...

Sorry your feeling bad girl! Hope you get the job! Have a good week!