Sunday, April 15, 2007

High Anxiety Warning!

A lot has happened since I last posted.

My dad's health has gone downhill quite rapidly in the past 6-8 wks. He's been diagnosed with Alzheimers and it's been rough on the entire family. He's had a short stay in the hospital and will be discharged tomorrow, with better meds and hopefully mom will be able to care for him for years to come.

I interviewed for a new position at a different company back in March. I got offered the job over a week ago and decided to take it. I will be done with my current job on April 29 and start my new job on April 30, although I did take 2 wks vacation. I need to work on our house to get it ready to list on the market. The good LORD willing...our house will sell. That would be such a relief.

We figure towards mid to late summer we will find a place to move too. The commute will be a long one for now, but I can handle it. Let's put it this way, it's worth it right now to commute.

So it was hard to say "see ya" to my co-workers on Friday. I have been at my current job for 7 yrs. I'm sure most of you know what I mean.

Time to move onto bigger & better things.........

2 comments:

~*Sara*~ said...

Wow, so much is changing for you!

I will keep your dad and family in my thoughts. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease, I'm so sorry T. *HUGS*

Congrats on the new job! Yay! Is it really going to be a far commute? What's your new job going to be? Will it be good hours? I know your house will sell, I have a good feeling about that. :)

Give me a call sometime over the next few weeks, now that you have some time off. If you don't have my number, email me and I will send it to you. :) I would love to talk to you on the phone!

Maanika Bauder said...

Echoing much of what Sara said, I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. We'll keep him, your mother, and the rest of your family in our thoughts.

Also, congratulations on the new job. I hope you love it!

I know that getting a house ready to sell is a lot of work, but I hope that you take some time to just enjoy yourself a little before you head back to work at your new job! :)

(((HUGS))) and love.

~Maanika