Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dad & Dementia

Well, I was wrong. Dad was diagnosed with Dementia. A few days ago, mom had to admit dad into a facility that treats people with Dementia & Alzheimers. He had a few good nights at home but after that it got bad again. It was a good decision on mom's part although extremely hard. Dad will get the help he needs. For now, in our minds, it is a temporary stay, but after they evaluate him and so on, it may end up being permanent.

Thanks to those who still visit. I appreciate the comments.

Sore throat is lingering. I am drinking Green Tea w/honey but it's not working.

We are still working in the house. Monday night realtors will come to check it out and hopefully fill out paperwork to list it.

I start my new job on Monday as well. I need to get better! Hopefully tomorrow I can relax. I do have the March of Dimes Walkamerica to attend. If I'm not feeling up to it, I may just turn in my money and come back home. We'll see.

Have a great Saturday night.

1 comment:

Maanika Bauder said...

I know what a tough decision it is to put anyone in a care facility. I also know without a doubt that oftentimes it is the very best thing the family can do, particularly in cases of dementia/Alzheimer's. I'll be thinking of you, your mom, dad, and the rest of your family.

Hope you're feeling better, and that your walk went well today. "Break a leg" at your new job tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be wonderful.

(((HUGS)))
~Maanika