Tuesday, August 12, 2008

23 wks, 3 days

Yesterday I had my dr. appt. I was 23 wks, 3 days along and all is well. The doctor said I measured good. The heartbeat was strong and easy to find. I gained a little bit more than I should have this month, but I've started walking 30 minutes a day and will make better food choices & control my portion size a bit better. My blood pressure was 114/80 and I was given orders to have my blood drawn for a re-check on my thyroid and also to have my 1 hr glucose test. The doctor said to do it in 2 wks so that will be on August 25th.

That's about it. Charlee is very active. There are times when she moves just right it makes me feel nauseous....but overall, it's a great feeling.

Joe has been working out of town for the past 3 wks. He comes home maybe 1-2 nights a week. It's been very lonely and very hard to cope with at times, but I'm getting through it. He needs to work while the opportunity is there.

The girls and I went school clothes shopping this past Sunday. Their first day is getting closer - 9/3.

That's all for now. :)

6 comments:

Sara said...

Yay for getting a good checkup! I'm sorry he's been out of town, why didn't you tell me that the other day? *HUGS* Hang in there girlie!

Dyane said...

What awesome news :) Can't believe that summer is already almost over - school starts here tomorrow, not that it matters to us anymore lol

Anonymous said...

WOW 9/3? I start Aug 18th..although I did get out May 9th.

Anyway, I am so glad precious Charlee is doing well!! And you! Love you!

Liz said...

You're getting so far along! Can't wait to hear when little Charlee arrives!

I'm actually only 13 weeks along... the ticker on my blog was wrong so I took it off. You're definitely quite a bit further along than me.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to not having the hubby around.. Joe works 2nd & I work 1st. It's tough but makes our time together on the weekends even more special.

I'm so glad that you & baby Charlee are doing good! I can't wait to see you for your baby shower!

HUGS!
Bren

Karen said...

I'm so glad that Charlee is doing so well! I imagine it's hard on Joe to be away from you too.

*BIG HUGS* I'm always here if you need to talk!