Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy Labor Day!

I know it's a day early, but c'mon, do I post every day?? Nope! So since I have the time, I'm gonna send out my "Happy Labor Day" wish for you now. :)

Did some baking yesterday. Got my zucchini all shredded, used some of it and froze the rest for now. I got green peppers cut up and froze as well. Mom gave me some last weekend from her garden! I made zucchini muffins instead of bread and I also made banana nut muffins and blueberry muffins. I made Chicken Tettrazini for dinner which was yummy. I was going to make a Pork Chop dish for dinner, but we need to eat leftovers...so I'll take the pork chops out today and make them tomorrow instead.

The girls are at their dads til tomorrow evening and then we have to get all ready for school the next morning. First day at a new school for them. It's only 1/2 day but still....it'll be a bit nerve wrecking and exciting all at the same time. I think after school I'll take them to Diane's Dollhouse since we've been wanting to go check it out. I just have to USE my memory! lol

Mom said dad was doing pretty good yesterday. He enjoyed some of her peach pie that she took up to him. From what she told me of their conversation, he's pretty darn alert and the nurse tells her he is eating-eating-eating! So this is all good stuff! We go visit him next weekend. There is also a little Festival going on near my moms which we will go to as well. Should be a fun weekend.

Ok, enough rambling. I hope I haven't shocked anyone by posting again - so soon! lol But I had the urge!

Take care - til next time....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your Dad is doing well T! You sure have been busy baking, everything sounds yummy! I hope your girls have a great year at school! Hope you are enjoying your long weekend! Hugs!

Sara said...

I'm glad to hear that your dad is doing so well, wow, that's great!

I hope your girlies have a great first day! :)

Anonymous said...

Two recent post? I'm shocked. ;) Hope you're having a great labor day. And happy 4 month anniv at your job. ;) girlinga.com