Saturday, May 26, 2007

As requested....

Hi ya'll! I haven't updated lately because we've been busy. We have our house listed on the market and are looking at places to rent or on a land contract right now. We had a house all squared away to rent on a lake, but after getting in there to do some cleaning and such, it has black mold in the bathroom and the washing machine/dryer area. So we packed up everything we had taken over and moved it all back home. The guy has been notified and because we hadn't signed a lease yet, he has to return our 1st month's rent we paid in advance due to an agreement he wrote up and we both signed.

My dad had an appt with a neurologist the other day. She is having him put on a different med, which will increase some and weaned off other meds. She is willing to see him again, which is a good thing. He is scheduled for an MRI next week to see what his brain activity is showing. He is still at the dementia care center near my mom. I think he'll be there for a while, if not permanent. It's still very difficult for all of us, especially my mom.

Well, I better get back to working in MY house....hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Sorry to hear the house on the lake didn't work out. Mold is always scary!

Hope things get better for your dad. It's going to be rough on your family. Be brave.

Sara said...

I'm glad you posted! It sounds like you are very busy. *HUGS* I'm sorry you are going through everything at once with the house and your dad.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your dad is getting the help that he needs. I know it's hard but just remember the good lord will guide him, you, and your family through everything.

It's good that you found the mold now and not later! You'll find the house you're suppose to be in.. It will happen when it's suppose to just like me & my house w/ my Joe! Things happen when they are meant to happen..

Gotta get ready for work..
Hugzzzzzzz :)