Saturday, September 13, 2008

Appointment Update - 27 wks, 3 days

My bad! lol I forgot to post about my dr. appt this past Monday.

I met the male doctor in the office finally. There are 5 doctors total and you have to have at least 1 appt with each because you never know who will be on-call when the time comes to deliver. Anyway, Dr. Newman is a very nice doctor!

First off, I got weighed. I gained 4 lbs this past month, which is right on target for what they say they'd like you to gain. My blood pressure was good, 126/80. Then I got to sit and wait. After Dr. Newman came in, he measured my belly and said I was measuring on target. He listened to Charlee's heartbeat, which was about 130 he said. He then told me that my glucose test results were good and I asked about my thyroid re-check and he said that result was good also. I asked him about the heartburn I've been suffering with 24/7 and he prescribed Protonix for me. It's a lifesaver! I'm heartburn free now - YAY! He told me that I'd be coming back in 2 wks! So, now I'm on the downhill for sure. Appointments every 2 wks!

This next week, we'll get the crib and hopefully get that set up. I have a new glider rocker, thanks to my parents. I have a baby swing thanks to one of my online friends. I have a By Your Side infant seat too from another online friend. Also, baby clothes, and some other cool things from online friends.

So, everything is moving along and we are getting more and more excited. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you everything is going well for you T! And I'm glad you got medication for your heart burn and are feeling better. I used to have that too, it was very unconfortable.

Sara said...

Yay for a great appointment!! Sounds like you are right on track! :)

We're all so happy for you and Joe. It's so great!

*HUGS*