Wednesday, August 29, 2007

4 Month Anniversary!

Wow, can you believe it's been 4 months already??? I sure can't! Time just flies and I'm loving every minute of it! You may ask, what the heck are you talking about woman?!?!?!? Well, I've been at my new job 4 months as of tomorrow 8-30!!! Life is good! Some days are boring. Some days are crazy busy. It's getting to be fall time and there will be a lot of work going on since the weather is cooling down....crazy busy - gotta love it!

Joe had some bloodwork done a couple weeks ago because he's been having some serious migraines. The P.A. gave him some meds to take in the meantime but we get the results on Friday. I'm very anxious to hear what is happening with him.

Tomorrow morning the girls and I tour their new school with a secretary and might get to meet the principal if she is available. This, I know, will help both the girls and me not be as nervous on their first day next Tuesday.

Monday I have an appt with the doctor to get my bloodwork results. Mine are just to monitor my levels since I have high cholesterol and am borderline diabetic. Next Friday I will go for my very first mammogram. I am almost 36 and it's time to have one done, just as a precaution.

Nothing spectacular planned for the Holiday weekend that I am aware of. The girls will be going to their dads on Friday til Monday afternoon, so it'll just be me and Joe.

Last weekend we visited my dad. He is still doing quite well. He knows he needs to gain weight and he has been. He still says things that are totally not current, but we just go with it. He's talkative, alert and seems to remember certain things. I was expecting to have a not-so-great visit because mom said he has been confused and not willing to take his meds without a lot of coaxing...but that's not the dad I seen. I've been very lucky to have good visits every time we go. And we go every other weekend.

Well that's the latest update for us. I hope if you are reading, that all is well in your world!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, has it been that long? Congrats! I hope you still like it as much as you did the first day.

I am thinking of you and Joe for your health as well as your dad. *HUGS* I hope everything is okay with everyone, keep me updated, please.

I can't believe it's time for school already. This summer has flown by.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you love your new job T and that it is going well! Enjoy your holiday weekend with Joe! Hugs!